Monday, February 4, 2013

Once upon a time...

far, far away, there lived a young girl who dreamt of a tidy craft room and decadent inky, shopping sprees. Not, your usual story but not far from the truth up my way!
Hello and welcome to another challenge from Simon Says Stamp & Show. This week we are being inspired by fairy tales and the words "Ever After" and all that conjures up in the world of make believe, fairy god-mothers and gingerbread houses...

I immediately started to hum a tune as my mind drifted back to my oh so younger days and Walt Disney memories. Everyone needs a few of those. I can recall watching Disney Time on television at the weekend as well as the big day out to the cinema to see those famous tales on the big screen. Disney Time always started with a medley of tunes of which one was, "Some day my Prince will come..." This was Snow White's song as she dreamed of Mr. Right.
 I still had to ink up my new Mr. Tim stamps and this young lady's gaze seemed to capture the mood of a princess-to-be... It's a beautiful stamp so I only wanted to create a simple card to show her off at her best.
She is stamped in Archival ink on an old book page and then layered up with lots of colours including some Graphic 45 paper for a touch of patterning. I added the Chit Chat words along with a stamped one but felt the corner was a little bare. The delicate fern stamp by Wendy Vecchi is perfect for adding extra detail. To finish off I added a very apt "Destiny" Philosophy tag and a double length of gold thread.

In a fairy tale anything can happen, so let your imagination run free as well as your ink pads with this theme. Do take a look at the great creations from the Design Team - they will most definitely inspire you! We'd really love to see what you all come up with. Don't forget every week we choose our three top artists and there is also this generous $50 voucher to be won.
So we can all live happily ever after!
I must be going before the clock strikes and my brain turns into a pumpkin... Thanks for the visit! Sarah.

18 comments:

Tracey said...

So beautiful Sarah! Fabulous project, with so many awesome details to adore!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Sarah, lovely card, I love this image and she looks fabulous here stamped over text, so soft looking. Love the subtle stamping too and the torn edges. Tracy x x

Helen said...

That is such a pretty card! I think we all dream of princes...!!

Candy C said...

Sarah...I love your card! :) That Classic 5 set of Tim's is such a wonderful set. You've done such a pretty job on this card. I love your interpretation of the theme and how you've made it work with this card. Love the matting of all of the different cardstocks, too. <3 Candy

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great layering and stamping Sarah!

greetings, Alie :-)

Suzanne C said...

Love the pensive look on her face and the sentiment along the side. Beautiful!

Words and Pictures said...

One of my absolute favourite stamps, and I love her on book text - beautiful, beautiful card!
Alison x

Redanne said...

What a stunning card Sarah, she does look quite dreamy and I can imagine here as a Princess..... my fav Walt Disney song was 'When You Wish Upon a Star'....... and you have reminded me of that and now I am humming both tunes..... Anne x

Jenny Marples said...

What an inspired idea for this theme! Love this so much. Hugs, Jenny x

Sandy said...

Beautiful card - doesn't she have the prettiest face!
sandy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I don't know if I have ever seen her look more beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So very lovely!

Kezzy said...

Wow gorgeous, hope you and your family are well. It's been awhile lol, for some reason especially over the last few weeks my computer kept saying you had a virus eeek and wouldn't let me have a look lol. How old is Ruby now, she will be one soon. How is she? is she feeling better are still having problems? Take care, love to see your work as it's always amazing :-) Kezzy hugs xxx

Carol said...

Stuning, beautiful and just my colours. Love everything about this a great design Thanks for showing.
Carol xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cool design, Sarah! I love the papers :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Janny Jager said...

Great layering and stamping Sarah.

Greetings Janny

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card, Sarah! That stamp is stunning and love the sentiment with it. Hugs, Sandra

mark gould said...

This piece has a really beautiful feel to it. I love the text coming through the face.