Monday, February 25, 2013

Love it but never use it!

Hello to you all! Guess what? Yes, Monday has knocked on the door and walked right on in yet again so here I am with my creation for the new challenge over at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Now, let's start with a little confession which is good for the soul, even on a Monday! How many loved but uninked stamps are lying dormant in your crafty zone???? You know what I mean... You see it, fall in love, have to have it and yet years later, there it is all alone and naked, without a smidgen of ink for clothing...
At Simon Says Stamp & Show, we want to challenge you to pluck out those stamps from obscurity and get your ink on! Come on, you know which stamp I mean already!
I knew without a doubt I had to unearth Missy Mona. I have only used her once on a tag although I love the stamp a lot. My Mona is on a wooden block which always feels good in the hand.

As the image is so complete with the collaged background I didn't want to take anything away from it. Whilst walking by a shop last week I saw a Pop Art poster and I suddenly thought it would work on a card too.
I used four Distress Inks and started by roughly sponging some background colour onto manilla cardstock before stamping Mona in the same colour. I wanted to add my own twist to the Andy Warhol style so I decided on a stronger block of colour followed by a few flicks of water.
I just used some scrap card and sponged along the edge working on one half of the block, then flipped it over, did the other side meeting in the middle, in case a post-it or tape would damage the image.
I liked the four blocks but it still needed a little something extra so I went for some ChitChat words, which are turning out to be very handy little things indeed.

 A bit of inky Pop Art, a long awaited well-inked stamp and a two happy ladies... Mona and Sarah! Which stamp is calling your name and yearning to see an ink pad? We'd love to see what emerges from your stash... Blow off the dust, join in and also make a play for this generous $50 shopping voucher from Simon Says Stamp.
Well, time to be signing off again as every second counts...There's a hyperactive chimpanzee in my house disguised as an 8 month old baby...
Thanks for calling by!
Sarah.

14 comments:

Helen said...

This stamp works so well as poster art! Love the bright colours for a dull MOnday morning!!

Redanne said...

Unfortunately I do know what you mean and feel slightly ashamed at how many stamps lay un-inked in my stash.... love, love, love your Andy Warhol-esque treatment of Mona, the colours are fabulous and love the air of mystery you have created with the extra shading... Hugs, Anne x

Candy C said...

Sarah...your Mona Lisa piece is it's own work of art...who needs Andy Warhol? :) I love how you've used this stamp ... I have her, too ... and made such a very cool feast for the eyes out of it. Love the bright colors! Love the extra strip of color on each square. Love the addition of the little Chit Chat words. It's a very cool piece and I love how your creative mind works! <3 Candy

Suzanne C said...

Love the design and the thought of the sentiments with the strip of solid colors over the stamped images. Lovely!

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful this Mona Lisa with the bright colors Sarah

Greetings Janny

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Sarah, I love this Andy Warhol inspired piece, absolutely brilliant. Such a unique way to use the mona image. Love love the darker blocks/panels of colour. An inspired piece . Tracy x

Sandra said...

This is one amazing card, Sarah! Great stamp! Love how you've stamped them in sort of Andy Warhole's style, made those bars and the chitchat words are spot on! Hugs, Sandra

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great project, Sarah! I love the 'Andy Warhol' look & the way you added text is really clever! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Warhol is one of my absolute favorites, and you using Mona to channel him is bril! LOVE THIS!!! LOVE THIS! LOVE THIS!!!!

Juls said...

great idea for a challenge!! I do have so many uninked stamps its not funny!! I really am resolved to use up some of my stash!! Love this loving the bright zingy colours!! Hugs Juls

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic card reinventing the power of Mona! Fabulous colours and the chitchat stickers really make it for me...
Alison x

Unknown said...

Gotta Love Mona!

Anonymous said...

I love how fun and colorful this is!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.