Friday, June 15, 2012

Of Tags and Paint....

It seems that more and more of my weekend posts are tending to be rather splattery. But then again that's what weekends are for aren't they... a bit of whatever you fancy?!

Being 'granted' some more free-style inky playtime meant I could join in a fun journalled tag swap with a few friends across the pond... The deal was a size 8 tag and nothing too dimensional. I have to admit to being rather rubbish on the whole tag size thing and just tend to grab one that 'looks big enough for the job'... I think I tend to use the same tactics when it comes to my credit card and stash shopping!
l like to go full out with lots of  layers, colours, inks, paint and texture but admit to a little restraint when documenting the thoughts...
Artful Blogdom is a funny old place...and although I like to share my creative ramblings and be honest about life, I prefer to express a mood, rather than tell the whole virtual world and his wife my innermost thoughts...
 l started with some stitching and black stamping. I love Wendy Vecchi's Wrought Iron stamp which is just peeping through there... Then I just keep adding a layer, could be shapes (circles), random spritzing (Dylusions and Ranger Color Wash), Tissue Tape, punchinella, paper scraps, stencilled paint... all interspersed with lots of drips, splashes and gesso. I went back with a white Posca pen to 'pull out' the circles and added a few stamped polka dots and words...
l also fancied a bit more colour and texture, so I grabbed some bright embroidery thread and added a few flowers and lines of stitches...
They are in transit or possibly on American shores by now, which is a heck of lot nicer than lying in a box under my desk...!
It's Father's Day over here on Sunday, so if you need a few ideas or have created your own male masterpiece, head over to join in with June's My Mojo Monthly Challenge where it's time to Man Up! Loving you and leaving you with four quirky gents...
Sarah.

15 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...a super Tag Sarah, your layers & stitchery add subtle texture and the colours, wow! like a fallen rainbow thats gone splat on your Tag...loVe it...Mel :)

Helen said...

That is a spectacular tag, wish I was in your swap.... have another inky splashy weekend....

Annie said...

I love how you build up the layers Sarah. Fab effect.
Hugs,
A x

Michelle Gregory said...

very pretty. i love all the colors you used.

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUSNESS indeedily Sarah... love those vivid colours. Now, how's you? Any movements yet? Am hoping that by Monday you will have a little bundle in your arms... lotsa love x

Redanne said...

all I can really say is WOW, what amazing colours you have crammed into such a small space - it is fabulous!

Von said...

You sure have packed a lot into such a small space just so cheery :)
Von x♥x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
I love that you have no fear of colour (unlike myself lol).
Whoever receives your tag will be so thrilled.
Wishes
Lynne

Lori said...

Beautiful Sarah! Love how you do the "art journal" thing! lol!

Marjie Kemper said...

What gorgeous layers of color and texture!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

The color here is amazing...so many layers of gorgeous color! The texture looks amazing...love the stitching!

france papillon said...

you went wild with the inky play but it ends up sheer eyecandy. glad there is such thing as weekend splattery play ;)

Eliza said...

Oh your tag is just awesome, I love all the colours and layers you have used.


Eliza
www.queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au

Nancy said...

This tag is in my hands & it is awesome in person!!! I soooooo love it!!
How do I part with the other???

CathyB said...

I really love your website and your creativity; I found you thru Pinterest. Cathy