Saturday, August 14, 2010

Got that Friday feeling...

At long, long last after a whirlwind of events (see previous blog), it is Friday. I'm all packed ready for oodles and oodles of holiday bliss. Hard to know which bikini to pack - leopard skin print or neon pink polka dot - you know, seeing as we are having such a heatwave...

As said, just going up to Harrogate but I am so looking forward to getting away, meandering through the streets of York, lying in the Turkish spa and......being able to just stroll down the road to the Art from the Heart shop. Ooooh - just think - being able to reach out and touch things instead of staring into endless website windows. I live miles away from any half decent shops so it will be a surreal and unique pleasure. Going to follow two workshops; A wooden purse with tags and later Exploring Melt Art. Just had my nails re-done today - only to be splodged, glazed and stained next week of course.
I am more or less up to date with my Claudine Helmuth course. We are in the process of assembling the technique book - will put it up here after my hols as I need to do some major tweaking. Had to play serious catch-up with my course but called it quits late last night. I want the time to savour and ponder, not just sit and reproduce carbon copies. The pleasure is in the journey as well as the destination - I think that could already be a famous quote - so don't consider me too wise. Anyway just going to leave you with three pictures of my Victorian Keepsake Trio. It is three ATC cards made using vintage Bible pages, rubber stamping, embossing, distress inks and embellishments. They are tied up in two blue-velvet lined covers which have been decorated using alcohol inks, stamping and hand-embossed metal.


When I started this I was just having a bit of a faff around with inks and this slowly surfaced. Funny how some things show the way themselves - if you just let them...




Stamps by Paper Artsy, Stampington and Hero Arts








And all wrapped up - maybe a secret love story...




Just wanted to leave a little blogette tonight - hoping to share some piccys from the workshops next week...still doing little happy jumps!

No comments: